[Jool-list] WARNING (find_bib_session6): I'm running out of pool4 addresses for mark 0.

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:52:54 CDT 2022

> As you can see, nat44 on linux is using the client port that the
> internal host used as it's own client port.

There's some RFC somewhere that recommends hiding the internal ports.
So Jool does it. But that's probably not really important right now.

> So if ports cannot be shared with NAT44, are the range of ports that
> jool does use somehow reserved so that NAT44 doesn't tromp on them?

If I remember my old research, and it's still relevant, NAT44 uses
32768-61000 by default, so Jool uses 61001-65535 by default. Something
like that.

But that's just the default config. You can add all the ports you want
to Jool through pool4 commands.

Please read

https://www.jool.mx/en/pool4.html
https://www.jool.mx/en/bib.html

> I never did get an answer to why:

Well, did you delete the instance before running that command?

    jool -i ilinx bib display --tcp --numeric

Depends on an existing instance like

    jool instance add ilinx ...

Any of the following will destroy your instance:

- jool instance remove ilinx
- modprobe -r jool
- shutting down or rebooting the system