[Jool-list] WARNING (find_bib_session6): I'm running out of pool4 addresses for mark 0.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Mar 17 17:35:36 CDT 2022

On Wed, 2022-03-16 at 17:38 -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Not sure why are arguing with the author.

Who is arguing?  I am trying to understand.  Part of understanding and
learning is asking questions about how and why things are done.

> But, they aren't all available, because we can't share a port with
> NAT44.

And there is exactly the answer to the question I was asking.  Not
being a kernel hacker, I was not aware of this.

So if ports cannot be shared with NAT44, are the range of ports that
jool does use somehow reserved so that NAT44 doesn't tromp on them?

I never did get an answer to why:

# jool -i ilinx bib display --tcp --numeric
Error: The kernel module returned error 3: This namespace lacks an instance named 'ilinx'.

which kind of stopped the troubleshooting dead in it's tracks.

Do I still have the syntax wrong in some way?

Cheers,
b.