[Jool-list] WARNING (find_bib_session6): I'm running out of pool4 addresses for mark 0.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Mar 15 15:25:13 CDT 2022

On Tue, 2022-03-15 at 14:15 -0600, Alberto Leiva wrote:
> Well, I don't know if you understand the relationship between pool4
> and BIB, but basically,

I don't.  I have no idea of the inner workings of NAT64 or jool, etc.

It doesn't seem like it's any different than RFC1918 NATting.  My
understanding of that is that ports are not mapped unless >1 RFC1918
hosts happen to use the same source ports, so "extra" ports are not
even necessary until there is such a collision.

I don't seem to get any warnings about running of of ports/mappings
from RFC1918 NATting.  How/why is NAT64 different?

> - The message is telling you that Jool couldn't create a BIB binding,
> because it seems to be out of pool4 transport addresses.

I'm afraid I don't know what a BIB binding is.

> sudo jool bib display --tcp --numeric | wc -l

# jool bib display --tcp --numeric
Error: The kernel module returned error 3: This namespace lacks an instance named 'default'.

Cheers,
b.