[Jool-list] WARNING (find_bib_session6): I'm running out of pool4 addresses for mark 0.

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:08:37 CDT 2022

> My
> understanding of that is that ports are not mapped unless >1 RFC1918
> hosts happen to use the same source ports, so "extra" ports are not
> even necessary until there is such a collision.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but I don't think that's how it works.

A mapping needs to be created every time a new source port is used.
That's the whole hack: https://www.jool.mx/en/intro-xlat.html#napt

> I don't seem to get any warnings about running of of ports/mappings
> from RFC1918 NATting.  How/why is NAT64 different?

It's not.

> I'm afraid I don't know what a BIB binding is.

Can you please read the rest of the message. I set it up so you don't
actually need to know what it is.

(BTW: BIB binding = BIB entry)

> # jool bib display --tcp --numeric
> Error: The kernel module returned error 3: This namespace lacks an instance named 'default'.

Add "-i ilinx" (without quotes) between "jool" and "bib".