[Jool-list] Where are jool's sessions saved?

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:50:40 CDT 2020

> The main focus for us is being able to read the current session state,
modify (add/delete) inidvidual entries and possibly to flush the whole
table.

Hmm, ok. The API does not currently export a means to delete or flush
sessions directly.

Removal can be indirectly accomplished by deleting the parent BIB entry,
although that will also clear out that BIB entry's other sessions. (Though
maybe that's a good thing?)

A flush can be done by dropping pool4 or by recreating the instance.

Currently, joold does not transmit dying sessions because they simply
expire normally, in accordance with their timeout. (Is this not enough? Do
you really need to kill them off prematurely?)

Also: May I ask what do you want to accomplish with this? If you want to
flush the session table, you're essentially also dropping the BIB table.
You sure you're not actually interested in BIBs rather than sessions?

BIB: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6146#section-3.1
Session: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6146#section-3.2

We should probably make sure this is all clear before committing to an API.