[Jool-list] JOOL in a multitenant service provider environment

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Dec 15 21:42:57 CST 2020

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Jool-list <jool-list at nic.mx> wrote:
    > Are you serious about the /96 per customer? Maybe I'm missing the
    > context, but you should provide a /48 to each customer! See RIPE-690.

No, you missed the point.

Each customer has an IPv4 (with all the RFC1918 nonsense, plus maybe some squatting, etc.) network.
So their entire IPv4 fits into a single /96.

Whether you take that from a /48 that is assigned to the customer, or
to another block that lives in a different DC is a question of L2 plumbing.

I've done exactly this so that I could give a customer different views of the
IPv4 network (from different IPv4 vantage points).  It all gets addressed
within an IPv6 space.