[Jool-list] JOOL in a multitenant service provider environment

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:43:06 CST 2020

Hi

I thought I might mention links to the relevant documentation, in case they
have been missed:

> My question: is there a way to run multiple Jool instances on the same
host?  The Linux kernel itself supports multiple routing tables.  Is Jool
capable of installing multiple NAT64/SIIT rules that go to different
address spaces?

Not sure exactly how you're setting things up, but if your translator is an
SIIT, chances are you only need one instance, and you just need to add each
customer network as an entry to the Explicit Address Mappings Table: [0]
Otherwise you can indeed set up multiple Jool instances and match their
traffic with iptables: [1]

[0] https://jool.mx/en/usr-flags-eamt.html
[1] https://jool.mx/en/usr-flags-instance.html