[Jool-list] Active-active NAT64

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Tue Dec 3 11:11:48 CST 2019

Hello everyone,

a follow up from the recent joold discussion: how would one run
active-active NAT64 with jool? We would like to get rid of keepalived in
our setup and so far we decided to statically assign the routing IPs to
both routers.

This way, if either of them goes down, the other one directly takes over
the traffic.

However, with NAT64, we will need to have the session table also
synchronised at all times.

What I'd assume joold could do is basically asking the other side, if it
already has a session (if no entry is in the local table) and then
create an entry on both sides, if there isn't.

Is this something you have done already or is this a totally new topic
in joold?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions,

Nico

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch