[Jool-list] NAT44 for pool4 addresses possible?

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:29:12 CDT 2018

> IPv4 packets created by Jool do not seem to pass the
> nat postrouting chain in netfilter

Hmm? This is odd. The kernel code says otherwise. Might be a bug; I'll
test it now.

Anyway, this is how it's supposed to work:
https://jool.mx/en/intro-jool.html#design

Check both diagrams. Assuming that Jool packets are really skipping
the postrouting chain, you could enclose it in a network namespace
(the red box) so you can use the outer namespace's (not red box)
postrouting chain. There is no way that one will be skipped if you do
that.