[Jool-list] NAT44 for pool4 addresses possible?

Martin Weinelt martin at darmstadt.freifunk.net
Sun May 20 09:48:36 CDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm currently building my first NAT64 setup and have stumbled upon a
problem.

When I use our public IPv4 address as pool4 I can access the internet
just fine, except that I additionally need to be able to reach some
private ipv4 addresses over site-to-site tunnels as well, where that
source address doesn't work.

This is why I though of using a bunch of private IPv4 addresses to map
the NAT64 against, so they'll work for the s2s tunnel and where I can
additionally make use of NAT44 towards the internet.

The issue is that IPv4 packets created by Jool do not seem to pass the
nat postrouting chain in netfilter, where masquerading would happen.
Instead I now have private IPv4 address being used as saddr towards the
internet, which cannot work either.

I'd appreciate some help!

Best regards,

Martin