[Jool-list] Run Jool on every host for SIIT-DC?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Sep 29 05:12:24 CDT 2016

* v

> and how do you handle the data that you get from your transit
> provider? Also with x86 boxes?
>
> Do I understand you corretly that as long as Juniper does not support
> SIIT-DC we are forced to do something like this: transit provider >
> your juniper edge router with BGP > x86 box for SIIT > juniper
> datacenter core > juniper access switch > x86 box for SIIT > physical
> server

There's only one SIIT layer in the network topology. Thus the packet
flows look like this ("->" means an IPv4 packet and "=>" IPv6):

IPv4 user -> Transit -> Juniper -> SIIT-BR (x86) => DC infra => Server
IPv6 user => Transit => Juniper ==================> DC infra => Server

«DC infra» means data centre infrastructure. Core switches, access
switches, top of rack switches, firewalls, load balancers, whatever. By
the time a packet reaches this layer, it is certain to be IPv6 (either
because it was IPv6 from the start, or because it was translated to
IPv6 by the BR), and thus there is no difference in treatment.

Does that answer your question?

Tore