[Jool-list] Run Jool on every host for SIIT-DC?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Sep 28 10:24:39 CDT 2016

* v

> I just wanted to thank you for all your presentations on SIIT-DC,
> they were very inspiring and innovative!

Glad to hear it!

> Do you know whether it is possible to use Juniper MX routers as BR
> for SIIT-DC? We want to use Juniper at our new DC but I haven't been
> able to find any useful docs about stateless IPv4<>IPv6. If we can
> pull this off on Juniper gear your work will be responsible for one
> more IPv6 only datacenter. :)

As far as I know, JUNOS does not support this. I was told by an
engineer at some point that the Trio hardware is probably capable of
doing it, but it hasn't been coded into JUNOS.

We're currently using x86 servers with Jool as our BRs (hanging off our
Juniper boxes) and this has been working great so far.

Tore