[Jool-list] Run Jool on every host for SIIT-DC?

v vekt0r7 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 27 06:22:15 CDT 2016

Hello,

I am very interested in SIIT-DC and trying to find out whether it would be feasible to implement this for our new DC network.

I would like to know whether Jool can serve as an IPv6 to IPv4 translation daemon running on a KVM virtual server, pretty much like what is described here on page 14:
https://www.ipv6council.be/IMG/pdf/04_-_20151117-8th_Belgian_IPv6_Council-SIIT_DC_IPv4_Service_Continuity_for_IPv6_Data_Centres.pdf

The deamon would run on every single physical or virtual server and the 4to6 translator would be at our network edge. Would such a setup be feasible?

Regards