[Jool-list] Jool 3.5.0 release candidate 1

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:48:37 CDT 2016

Hello

We finally have a release candidate for Jool 3.5.0; we would appreciate
feedback
before we decide to commit a major release. The current deadline is
September
19. (It is negotiable.)

The code is https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/tree/release-candidate-1 and the
proposed documentation can be found attached to this e-mail. (It still has
a few
TODOs here and there, but they should be small enough to not get in the
way.)

The new features are

- en/config-atomic.html
- en/session-synchronization.html
- en/config-joold.html
- en/usr-flags-joold.html
- en/en/usr-flags-instance.html
- en/usr-flags-global.html#eam-hairpin-mode
- en/usr-flags-global.html#rfc6791v6-prefix
- en/usr-flags-global.html#ss-*
- Atomic fragment support was purged!
- `--quick` no longer works on `--pool6`.

Also, the testing framework is finally presentable! You can use it to test
whether Jool is expected to work properly in your kernel even if we haven't
listed it in en/intro-jool.html.

- https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/tree/release-candidate-1/test/unit
- https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/tree/release-candidate-1/test/graybox

Thank you