[Jool-news] Jool 4.1.0 soon to be released

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:11:21 CDT 2020

Hello, everyone.

Jool 4.1.0 is fairly imminent. I'm hoping to release it later this week.

4.1.0 finally achieves full RFC 7915 compliance, which means it
implements the long-overlooked `lowest-ipv6-mtu` configuration flag
and shallow translation of ICMP extensions. (I only very recently
realized the latter was missing.)

I would be thankful if those of you who are interested in the new
features would give it a shot and report any issues. No pressure,
however, since 4.1.0 is another intrusive head-banging refactor of a
critical portion of the core translation algorithm, so 4.0.9 will
remain tagged as the official "most mature" version for a while.

At time of writing, 4.1.0 is only available in git presentation [0],
and the documentation of `lowest-ipv6-mtu` can be found at [1].

(I know MAP-T got more votes than `lowest-ipv6-mtu`, but the latter
was already started and I'm aiming to finish MAP-T by the end of the
year anyway.)

Best regards,
Alberto

[0] https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/tree/rc-4.1.0