[Jool-list] Proxy DNP with Jool?

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Oct 27 09:47:36 CDT 2021

Art Cancro via Jool-list <jool-list at nic.mx> wrote:
    > Right now, we have things set up so that we route an assigned /96 block
    > to the NAT64 gateway.  Now, I am wondering, is it possible to get Jool
    > to answer IPv6 Neighbor Solicitations for the entire block?

It sounds like you've used a /96 block on which you have other hosts.
Don't do that.
IPv6 allocations should be large enough so that it doesn't matter.

I allocate the "zeroth" network in my /56, /48 or /44 blocks (depending upon
site).  So, 2001:db8:0:0000::/64, 2001:db8:0:0000::/56, etc.
I put the /96 in that block.
I also use this to /128 number all my routers as their router-ID.
I also use this for a /128 for the internal anycast of my DNS servers, which is communicated by OSPF.
(where I run a network big enough for OSPF. For small installation, static routing)

    > Obviously we can do "ip neigh add proxy xxxx::xxxx dev eth0" for
    > *individual* hosts, but I would like the gateway to answer neighbor
    > solicitations for all 2^32 potential addresses in the pool.   Does Jool
    > offer any provision for doing something like this?  If not, where in
    > the code might I start looking to add it?

You have IPv4 think :-)