[Jool-list] DNAT "port mapping" through jool?

Art Cancro Art.Cancro at tierpoint.com
Mon Feb 15 17:16:02 CST 2021

Hello again jool-list friends...

A few months ago I was able to use jool to map an IPv6 /96 block to an IPv4 network in Stateful NAT64 mode.  This is working well.  On the IPv4 network, all incoming traffic from the IPv6 world appears to come from the IPv4 address of the host running jool.

Now I want to expose a couple of services in the other direction, preferably using the same IPv4 address.  For example, if 2001:db8::/96 is mapped to the IPv4 space, and the host running jool has IPv4 address 203.0.113.1, I would like IPv4 clients to be able to connect to (for example) 201.0.113.1:80, and be connected to a server at some arbitrary IPv6 address -- but I would like the remote IPv6 server to see the correct NAT64 address (say, 2001:db8::203.0.113.16) as the source, rather than the address of the host running jool.

Does the jool module have the ability to do this?  I am trying various iptables commands with "-t nat" and "-t mangle" but getting errors.   Can someone point me to the correct part of the documentation, or at least confirm that this is something that can be done?

Thanks,

   -- Art