[Jool-list] not NAT64ing packets

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jan 7 13:06:06 CST 2020

On Tue, 2020-01-07 at 12:57 -0600, Alberto Leiva wrote:

> Just to clarify: Version 3.5.6 did not include any boot-init scripts
> as far as I know.

Indeed.

> Unless you added this functionality yourself, not starting
> automatically on boot is expected behavior.

Right.  That's why I mentioned it wasn't relevant here (on this list).

But just to be clear, with 3.5.6, nothing more than modprobing the
module with a pool6 is necessary to have it start NATting between the
pool6 addresses and their IPv4 equivillents, correct?

Is any other option needed/useful when NATting between an IPv6 LAN and
a single IPv4 WAN address?  So not 1:1 IPv6:IPv4 addresses, but rather
multiple IPv6 addresses port mapped through a single IPv4 address, just
like regular NAT44 with a single LAN address.

Cheers,
b.