[Jool-list] JOOL in a multitenant service provider environment

Art Cancro Art.Cancro at tierpoint.com
Mon Dec 14 17:59:40 CST 2020

Hello Jool developers and community.  First of all, THANK YOU for providing this excellent tool.  Using the .deb packages I was able to make it work on the very first try.

We are looking at the possibility of installing Jool in a service provider environment, to monitor and manage each of our customer IPv4 environments using a single IPv6 network.  We would assign each customer a /96 prefix and then the final 32-bits would be their IPv4 networks.  Since many customers will have overlapping private IPv4 space, this would allow us to manage them all at the same time without conflict.  This would require a Jool instance at the edge of every customer network.

My question: is there a way to run multiple Jool instances on the same host?  The Linux kernel itself supports multiple routing tables.  Is Jool capable of installing multiple NAT64/SIIT rules that go to different address spaces?

Thank you for your consideration, and thank you again for providing such a useful tool.