[Jool-list] Jool 4.0.6 has been released

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 17:46:56 CDT 2019

Development since 4.0.1 has been generally focused on Debian packaging
and systemd scripts. To make sure the build was sane I was planning to
wait until Debian approved it before announcing a new version, but
since it's been queued for more than two months I guess it's time to
force ourselves out of the "transitional phase."

In particular, I had to revert the single make && make install
installation hack from https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/issues/163.
Kernel modules and userspace applications need to be installed
separately again. I also removed Kbuild from the documentation because
it induces too many user headaches; Please use DKMS instead.

The following additional changes have been applied since 4.0.1:

- Add support for kernels 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, RHEL7.7 and RHEL8.0.
- Standalone .deb packages are now available in Downloads. (See
https://jool.mx/en/debian.html)
- https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/issues/287: address query
(https://jool.mx/en/usr-flags-address.html)
- https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/issues/297: Mirror Netfilter packet
return mechanism on iptables mode. (By the way: This means that you're
no longer required to include matches in iptables rules. See the
tutorials (https://jool.mx/en/run-vanilla.html#jool))

The OpenWRT version has also been updated.

You might need to hit F5: https://jool.mx/en/download.html