[Jool-list] jool: unrecognized option `--iptables'

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 26 14:56:42 CST 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 14:46 -0600, Alberto Leiva wrote:
> If it was released on January 2018, then that's a very old version of
> Jool.

I see.

> It's probably version 3.5.6, which is currently striked ([0]),
> which means it probably has known critical bugs.

Would that cover the userspace tool or the kernel module, or both?

> You can download the 3.5 documentation at [1], but you'd probably be
> better off updating. I believe the OpenWRT package was updated a few
> weeks ago.

For OpenWRT master, which means having to run a nightly snapshot on
your production router, or was it updated for 18.06 also?  This:

https://openwrt.org/packages/table/start?dataflt%5BName_pkg-dependencies*%7E%5D=jool

seems to indicate that for currently stable OpenWRT, I have the most
recent package.

> If it proves tricky to update, you might need to update
> your OpenWRT.

18.06 is the current stable release.  It's not really acceptable to put
a nightly snapshot onto a production router.

I guess I may just be out of luck.

b.