[Jool-list] NAT64 behind NAT44?

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 00:31:23 CST 2018

> That's exactly right. I know it would be better to run NAT64 on the router
> itself, but I don't have that option right now.

I still haven't been able to get the packet to bounce correctly, but
I'm thinking that this little hack is the only thing that
significantly sets your experiment apart from most tests that we've
run in Jool's history.

Also, I'm guessing that the reason why the clients' routing consists
only of a default route is because of DHCP?

So I'm wondering whether Router *needs* to be this default route.

What happens if you configure OpenWrt to be the default gateway of the
clients? My reasoning is that this would effectively delete the
"same-network"-ness of the bouncing as far as translation is
concerned. (Jool ignores traffic that's not headed to the pool6
prefix, so traffic not meant to be translated would be routed
normally.)

(I mean this as a workaround, not as a solution. Even if this proves
good enough for you, I still want to spot the real problem and patch
it properly.)

> > On the other hand, I can offer releasing commit 89b3c109 as Jool 3.5.8
> > right away*.
>
> That would be great. Not sure if it would solve this specific problem, but
> ruling out the offloading issue might simplify troubleshooting.

Actually... never mind.

I got my facts wrong; the #267 patch was not (and cannot be) merged
into 89b3c109's branch.

Jool 3.5.8 would not solve this problem.