[Jool-list] jool setup

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sat Aug 11 14:13:03 CDT 2018

Hi Petre,

I saw already Alberto response, so I'm going to answer from another perspective.

Are you sure your users will only need to access from IPv6 enabled application and devices?

What if your users have apps that use literal addresses?

What about DNSSEC implications?

I will suggest you to make sure that none of those is needed. If that's the case, then you need 464XLAT not just NAT64. The "client" (CLAT) part can be in the CPE, or also using Jool as a function in the host or VM, etc. (you don't describe if it is an enterprise or an ISP, etc., so I can't tell you how to do that).

Also, if your users don't need public IPv4 addresses and they are fine with the CLAT, then with this solution you don't need to allocate to the customer's specific IPv4 addresses.

I've a document (work in progress) about this:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment/

Regards,

Jordi