[Jool-list] Jool use with IPv6 island connected to IPv4 network

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Jul 28 15:33:47 CDT 2016

Hi,
What you are doing will become more and more common.

Jool historically has needed an IP address different than the one on it's
primary interface.  I've made this work (including getting the IP from
DHCPv4) using clone a macvlan interface, and some custom dhclient-up
scripts.

That will take care of your needs:

>* Can jool automatically and dynamically requests a new IPv4 from a
>  DHCP server for an IPv6 device hidden behind?
>* Can jool automatically set up new address on the eth0 interface
>  (when they are allocated by the DHCP server)?

SIIT would let you embed IPv4 into your v6 network, which would also work.