[Jool-list] RFC: Limiting EAM algorithm to specific header fields

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Jun 17 13:25:02 CDT 2015

Hi Alberto,

* Alberto Leiva

> Tore: How are you testing the Simple approach to hairpinning (ie. as
> opposed to "Intrinsic")?

A Jool VM "on a stick". So only one network interface with routes for
both IPv4 and IPv6 pointing out (from Jool's POV), and RFC6052 + IPv4
EAM pool routed in.

> The IPv4 router bounces the packet but Jool isn't receiving it.
> The bounced packet can be seen in the IPv4 router's wireshark but not
> in the SIIT's. Is there some configuration somewhere I might be
> missing? (I'm going to need to document this :/)
>
> I'm a little concerned that, if one of the NICs is the one dropping
> the packet (maybe it thinks there's a loop?), Simple hairpinning might
> require a little too much care (or luck?) to be viable?

I will try to test this tomorrow. The first thing I'd check is what
happens with rp_filter=1 vs 0 (in /proc/sys/net somewhere). Does that
make any difference?

Tore