[Jool-list] EAM vs 6052

Alberto Leiva ydahhrk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:14:00 CDT 2015

> (assuming you're compliant
> with RFC6052 section 3.1 - I haven't checked that).

I'm not, actually. But there's a somewhat important reason for that:
If we ban 64::192.168, then users can fall into trouble following
tutorials (the same thing can be said about 192.0.2 and the rest of
the sample prefixes).

It's the kind of thing that makes me hit my head against the wall.

> Even if the operator has
> configured 64:ff9b::/96 as the pool6, you still cannot translate a
> packet which contain 64:ff9b::192.168.1.2

> I will then null route in order to make it happy.

I'm convinced I need a v6-pool6791 now.

Thanks. I will bounce this at the IETF along with other topics I need
to wrap my head around.