[Jool-list] RFC: Limiting EAM algorithm to specific header fields

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Apr 9 10:07:08 CDT 2015

Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
    > (Fixed Cc...)

I try to always remove them for people I know are on the list :-)

    >> Tore, is there a problem if there are actually two SIIT gateways in
    >> two data centers?  I would think not...

    > No, as long as they're all configured the same, you can have an
    > arbitrary number of gateways in an arbitrary number of locations - the
    > packets would be translated in the exact same way regardless of which
    > gateway actually does the job. That's the beauty of statelessness...

No, I don't mean multiple gateways into the same DC.

I mean, how is the hair pinning problem different than if there were
connections between multiple DC.  It seems that if there is an issue, that
it's something to do with the outgoing NAT64.

I think that I have to read your original email again.