[Jool-list] Default pool4 hashing does not work well with some video CDNs

Ondřej Caletka ondrej at caletka.cz
Tue Apr 25 10:39:30 CST 2023

Hello,

sorry for delayed response, I was away of the network to do a proper
eyeball testing.

Dne 23. 04. 23 v 0:27 Alberto Leiva napsal(a):
> https://github.com/NICMx/Jool/tree/improved-rfc6056
>
> This is going to be tricky to test since you probably won't "feel"
> anything unless you have a lot of traffic, but can you at least check
> the video streaming works?

I can confirm that video streaming works without issues.

I don't have any testing infrastructure to be able to tell whether this
algorithm is indeed better than previous solution with f-args=8 under a
heavy load but I guess it should be.

In any case, great job! Thank you!

--
Ondřej Caletka